Thursday, October 20, 2011

Basketball Blunders Part 2

Click the picture to proceed

Read 'Basketball Blunders Part 1' here!


Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer

Asalamu Alaikum!

Feels good to finally be done with this. Hope you all enjoy it! I know I put this out a day later than I said I would, but I have an excuse! Just to make sure I completely understood what brotherhood meant, I went to an MSA event and hung out with a bunch of my good ol' MSA brothers yesterday. Ok, it's not such a good excuse, but its something I haven't been able to do for such a long time, so it was pretty special.

At the MSA event,
the speaker mentioned the saying of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), in which he compared having a good friend to a perfume shop. Even if you do not buy anything, you will have the good fragrance of the shop when you leave. The Prophet (peace be upon him) also compared having a bad friend to a blacksmith's shop. Even if you do not do any work, the foul scent of the smoke will stay on you when you leave. Alhamdulillah, I feel that Allah blessed me with good friends throughout my life who have left me with a good scent.

I thought I'd also mention a book written by one of my twitter followers. It's called "Victory Boys" by Jamal Orme, a convert to Islam. If you liked the "Basketball Blunders" series, I think you'll like it too. Especially good for the kids! Check it out at www.thevictoryboys.com.

Oh and before you leave, please vote for Cartoon Muhammad for 'Best New Blog' in the Brass Crescent Awards. Here's the link: www.brasscrescent.org. JazakAllah khair!
 
In the comments section: Tell us about a good friend of yours and what makes him/her special. What qualities should make a good friend and a bad friend? Tell us about how your friends have influenced your life.