Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Why Government Snooping of Muslims Is Bad for Non-Muslims

       Click the picture to proceed
Cant see the comic? Click here: https://picasaweb.google.com/111692177401409132923/Freedom?authuser=0&feat=directlink


This is where the jet pack reference is from: An Unbalanced Lifestyle
   
       I got the idea for this comic after listening to a speech by Cyrus McGoldrick at an NYIT MSA event. He said something that really changed the way I looked at these recent laws that give the United States government more power to monitor and detain Americans. He said, from what I understand, to not be fooled into thinking that this is happening because of some war against Islam, but that Muslims are being used as an excuse to give the government more power over all people.
       I don't know how true it is, but it made me think about how I would feel if my conversations were being monitored. How would you feel if someone was reading the text messages you send your spouse? How would you feel if the friend you made at the mosque turns out to be a spy that has been recording your conversations for months? I don't know how bad it has gotten, but there is some evidence to show that even normal people like you and me are not exempt from being monitored.

       But if you are not a Muslim, why should this matter to you? Once we give the government the power to do whatever they want, what is stopping them from doing the same to a different demographic? All Americans, of all religions and races have to make it clear to the people we elected to represent us, that we do not want the government snooping into our personal lives under the excuse of security. I'm not trying to make it seem like the United States government is made up of villains trying to take over the world, but that government and citizens must regulate each other. If one becomes complacent, the whole system gets out of whack.
        So next time you're on the phone or the internet, watch what you say, because someone might be listening. Just kidding! Actually, I dunno. Well, tell me your thoughts in the comments section!