Saturday, March 12, 2011

+2 to Congressman Keith Ellison For Defending Muslims Again: This Time On Real Time With Bill Maher

Sorry for the lack of color. I have an exam on Monday =[. Please make dua for me!
There are times when I completely agree with Bill Maher, but usually when he speaks about Islam, it makes me want to bang my head on my computer. Alhamdulillah, this time a real Muslim was there to correct him. Congressman Keith Ellison made a great point that people like Osama bin Laden and others who call for violence justify their actions by citing political reasons, while those who refute them cite religion reasons. (See video after the break)






I drew the above comic (I kinda rushed it cuz of exams, sorry), because Maher quoted Sam Harris to show that the Quran is full of hate against non-Muslims. But since when is Sam Harris an unbiased (let alone qualified) source of Islamic knowledge? I'm not saying that we shouldn't hear the arguments of those who strongly disagree with us, but at least read the Quran and have a good understanding of the pro-Islam viewpoint first.

I think I have been sounding a bit too angry on this blog lately. It's probably because all this Islamophobic hysteria started at the same time I started this blog. Despite how strongly I criticize people like Peter King, Bill Maher and others, I sincerely hope that after being exposed to Islam and Muslims they will at least come to respect them.