Sunday, March 20, 2011

Whatever You Do, Just Ihsan It Up!

Click the picture to proceed



Last week, Muhammad and I were chilling as usual. It was 8 pm and Muhammad was playing videos. I remembered that he had an exam the next day so I asked him:

Me: Hey Muhammad, shouldn't you be studying for the exam?
Muhammad: Yeaaa, this professor is easy. I'll start studying at 9 pm.
Me: Umm you sure?
Muhammad: Yea, don't worry bro.

A few days ago I asked Muhammad about his exam:



Me: So Muhammad, how'd you do on that exam?
Muhammad: ...Don't worry about it.
Me: What do you mean? I thought you said that professor was easy?
Muhammad: Listen, she threw a whole bunch of curve balls. The test wasn't fair!
Me: You didn't study did you?!
Muhammad: aaaarghhhhh leave me alone!
Me: Listen, don't just relax, because the professor is easy. Whatever you do, just Ihsan it up.
Muhammad: Ihsan? What's that?

I explained to him that Ihsan means excellence. It's not the same thing as perfection, since only Allah is perfect. I told him that whenever you do something, do it in the best possible way and leave the rest to Allah. It doesn't matter whether it's easy or hard, just do it with excellence and not only will your work be of better quality, you'll feel more satisfied as well.

So my friends, share with us a time where you did something with Ihsan. What did you do? How did it feel? Let us know in the comment section.